Monday, December 14, 2009

2008 Web 2.0 Award Winners; The Urban Spoon

We're in the midst of our NetTrek Week#4 assignment: to check out the 41 categories of 174 plus award winning Web 2.0 applications. Just browsing through the categories is an education in and of itself. I was particularly wowed by the Urbanspoon site when - with just one click of the mouse - I was taken from the awards listings to the Columbia MO information. This site is so well done: useful information, visually appealing...most interesting and inviting! Also has quirky local references and stories from blog postings as well as information on restaurants in the surrounding towns and countryside. A fine compilation and reference source on the local food scene. It only took one bite and I'm hooked and hungry for more!

2 comments:

  1. I plan on using this site for our Portland, Oregon visit next summer! All sorts of new restaurants have cropped up since we left in 2005, and I want the scoop from locals regarding where we should eat. I like that you can narrow down the options right from the front page (by type of food, neighborhood, features like "child friendly," etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll check it out. A friend and I like to try different restaurants once a month. This may give us some new ideas.

    ReplyDelete