Monday, August 3, 2009

Stewed.1

My first attempt at stewing wool resulted in an unexpected very soft overall brown with an underlying lavender plaid. The shade of brown would look great in a Maria Barton (Star Rug Co.) pattern. This was the plaid fabric (green, red on light beige background) I'd used to start the swags in the Tulip Cross rug. As this wasn't the fabric I'd originally color planned with Emma Lou Lais at camp '08, I didn't have enough of it. I'd bought several more pieces of it but they were all just slightly lighter than my original piece. As I had bought the wool from Rhonda, I'd hoped she had some more. But when I arrived at camp this summer, all that she had on hand were the lighter color. She said the piece I bought originally had been stewed...at least I thought that's what she said. So, I made this my first stewing project. What came out of the pot will be nice to use, but it's not even remotely close to the plaid piece I'd started with so I'm not sure what happened. I'll have to show it to Rhonda to figure out how I got here. In the meantime, I'm ready to color plan the swags yet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment